Saturday, November 24, 2012

Friday Fictioneers… KING OF THE MOUNTAIN


“Drink water… Lots” I do. For 13,796 vertical feet. Have to pee.
“Take a flashlight. Follow me. Don’t touch anything.” I do and I don’t.
Dark, cold in here. I’m in a parka. Ironman in a tee. Hard to breathe. Mother Hen MacIlroy sticks something on my finger, checks oxygen level. “You’ll live.”
Inside the dome, faint lights illuminate a sci-fi movie.
“Don’t stand there or you’ll be crushed to death.” I move closer to him.
Giant doors rumble open, letting in the night sky with a twinkle. The massive telescope moves to view light made billions of years ago.
Thank you Doug…
To see more… check out my PhotoLog… TedBooksDailyPics
*********************************************
Friday Fictioneers 100 Word Flash Fiction… This week’s photo prompt is by Sean Fallon… go to see Rochelle… ADDICTED TO PURPLE … for info on how to join us.
To see other Fictioneers’ stories…  

No comments:

Post a Comment