Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trifecta: Week 114… GOODBYE



Picture11-1
“This news does not satisfy me, Cheryl.”
“What’s that, Ethel?”
“Trifecta Writing Challenge is folding their tent. I loved the writers and their stories.”
“Me too. They won’t stop writing, we’ll find them.”
*****************************
Here is this week’s prompt… Using the third definition, your piece must be exactly 33 words.
SATISFY  (transitive verb)
1a : to carry out the terms of (as a contract) : discharge
b : to meet a financial obligation to
2: to make reparation to (an injured party) : indemnify
3a : to make happy : please  
 b : to gratify to the full : appease
4a : convince
b : to put an end to (doubt or uncertainty) : dispel
5a : to conform to (as specifications) : be adequate to (an end in view)
261dd-trifecta2bblog2bbanner2b32b-2btriceratops2b-2b110111-2
This news does not satisfy me either.  After three  years, The Trifecta Writing Challenge comes to an end this month.  The Brainchild of Lisa Harvey, TWC has been a solid weekly platform for writers to strut their stuff.  Prompts always challenging and never boring, the number of writers submitting entries swelled, sometimes reaching 100.  That’s a lot of stories.  I don’t remember how I found TWC, but I’m glad I did.  I had been writing 100 word stories based on a photo prompt for Friday Fictioneers, many of who write stories here, and I got up my courage to submit a story to TWC… the cruciverbalist… was my first.  I learned so much about writing and gained new confidence by reading and writing at The Trifecta Challenge.  And, not only that, but I’ve made some good friends.  I’ve started submitting some stories at yeah write and still take part in FF.  I have fond memories of my time at TWC and thank the editors for all their hard work. I’m sure we’ll meet again.  When I told Ethel and Cheryl they were not happy.
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment