Monday, June 9, 2014

Friday Fictioneers… A DRABBLE POLITICK


jennifer-pendergast4
A DRABBLE POLITICK… with apologies to my friend Björn Rudberg (a real poet)
“Oh no, something is out-of-order I fear!”
“What possibly can be wrong, Father Dear?”
“You are leaning to the Right,
Your education has a Blight.”
“But, I’m graduating Today,
I must make my own Way.”
“Why can you not See,
That you should follow Me?”
“Because you see Blue and I see Red, 
Does not mean I’m off in the Head.”
“Oh no, your mind is Fine, 
I just mean, your path should be Mine.”
“Father, if Truth be Told, 
Your ways be Old.”
Dear Daughter, I thought you would be Arty,
What is with this Tea Party?”
✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎ ✎  ✎ ✎
friday-fictioneers
Well… Where did This come from???  I don’t write poetry.  But I’m always inspired when I readBjörn Rudbergs Writings, a must for all Poesyphiles.
Of course, the photo of where I am sure Jennifer Pendergast walked the ‘Hallowed Halls’… not sure if it’s Oxford or Cambridge… was the inspiration.
For other stories about Jen’s photo… FRIDAY FICTIONEERS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I am especially proud of two stories I have written recently… What’s in a Name? and Don’t be Silly… please read them and let me know what you think.  I think I’ll stick with prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment