Wednesday, January 18, 2012

TINY


I think this was right before we got married in 1965… I was taking a drawing class from Robert Else at Sacramento State College. We were living at 23rd and J sts. Ann was wearing a green shift and sitting in a high back chair in the kitchen while I sketched her. I painted it the following week. She never liked it. In fact, my second wife, Annie, didn’t like it either, but that was because I insisted on having it on the wall… I figured it was on the wall when she met me, etc. I always liked it and thought it was a great work of art. My first and last painting.
Ann did not know I still had it. Ann did not know I was entering it in the San Juan County Fair Art Show. I was not expecting it to win a prize, much less First Place! My daughters Krista and Ashley knew I still had the painting and was planning to put it in the fair… they thought that was pretty funny.
I just happened, by chance, to run into them as they arrived at the exhibit hall… to view the photo and art shows. I realized they both came with her to see her reaction to the painting, so I tagged along with my camera… Surprise!!!

'TINY'

I'm not sure my granddaughter shares my enthusiasm for fine art...

No comments:

Post a Comment