Friday, April 13, 2012

Flash Fiction Faction: I CAN’T FIND IT!!!


   The following story was inspired by Quill Shiv‘s Flash Fiction Faction prompt:
Oh dear. What happened to the train?
“Has he called it in yet?”
“No, and I’m starting to worry. Not like him to be this late letting us know the number.”
“Be sure to have them meet him at the station. I don’t want anything to delay the delivery.”
I know I’ve just been down this street. Nothing is looking right. God, I have to hurry.  They can’t move a train, can they?
“Anything yet?”
“No.”
“I told him it was not safe to miss the train.”
I should call them!   Oh…  I forgot the number!  I know it’s in this phone somewhere.   How do I bring it up.  Maybe this will work.  Who are these people?  I don’t recognize any of…
“Finally! I’m putting him on speaker. Was that a cry?”
“I heard it too.”
This is my third attempt at fiction.  I had not planned to write on this prompt… I guess I wasn’t prompted.  But then, yesterday I awoke at 4:30 and had this story in my mind.  I don’t think I dreamt it, just thought about it when I woke up.  I think I was inspired by all those waiter and actor dreams where you are trying to find something, like the table you are supposed to be waiting on, and you keep getting more desperate.  I got up and wrote what I thought was a pretty good story, and then… I erased it by mistake.  I could not get it back, and try as I might, I could not recreate the same mood.  Tonight when I saw Rinn’s story (that’s Quill… some Pen Name, huh?), and stories others had written, I really wished I had mine.  So here it is.   A little different maybe, but I like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment