Saturday, January 26, 2013

TrifEXtra Writing Challenge: The Writer

The tricycle groaned and moved two more inches forward. “Who picks a word like ‘personification’ for a prompt, anyway?” Schwinn thought.
The pen skipped across the page, scratching and trying to leave a trail of something to answer the prompt. “I don’t know what to write, everything knows that doesn’t really happen right?” Bic asked.
The Writer moves the trike out of the way and looks for his pen.
***************************

Apparently… I did not read the instructions very well, apparently I didn’t read them at all, assuming this was a Trifecta Challenge… but no, this is the TrifEXtra!  Which limits the word count to 33 exactly.  So… I’m a little over.  I would not have known, except for the kind and gentle suggestions calling this to my attention by readers.  I will be more careful next week.  
Herewith my edited version:
The tricycle groaned and rolled two more inches forward.
The pen skipped across the page to answer the prompt.
The Writer moves the trike out of the way and looks for his pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment