Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trifecta Writing Challenge #67: Rat Race


images
RAT RACE… A Nursery Rhyme in 33 words
Life becomes struggle,
To juggle these days.
How did it happen,
I’ve entered a maze.
They say pills have helped,
Ones that they gave.
I’m really not sure,
If I will be saved.
☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢

Trifecta: Week Sixty-Seven

☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢
I wanted to write something in 33 words, since I missed the recent Trifextra.  I decided to try a poem.  After I wrote it, I didn’t know what form it was, so I consulted the Noted Scandinavian Poet,  Björn Rudberg (who nosed out ‘you know who’, to claim first post this time).  He said it reminded him of a nursery rhyme format, and that was good enough for me… I liked it.  Björn also gave me a few other tips.  If you liked it… Thank you.  If you didn’t… Blame Björn.
Plague Rat Illustration by Emily Veinglory

No comments:

Post a Comment