Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Trifextra #58: HER HEARTS


P1000109
HER HEARTS… A 33 word story
I got a call. “I need your help making something.” “Okay, what?”
“A stone heart for Sammie.” “Sammie’s a dog.”
“I know, I want to honor him.” “Okay, then let’s do Buddy too.”
P1000107
❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤
A dear friend in Sacramento had two miniature poodles.  They were brothers, and had been show dogs… Sammy had died.  She wanted to make memorial stones to place in her garden.  She had studied how to make stepping-stones, so we went to the hardware store and got a bag of cement.  Buddy was still with her, so we got him to ‘autograph’ his stone… he was not pleased about that.  Susan was so happy with them (and we had a lot of cement left over), that we ended up making some more for past and present dogs.  Later, a friend who saw them, asked us to make one for her sister who had loved Betty Boop.  It’s a nice idea, I think… Garden Art with a Meaning.
P1000055
❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤  ❤
Here is the prompt for this weekend’s Triextra Challenge… “We want you to give us a thirty-three word response using the word stone as one of your thirty-three words.  You can use any definition of the word that you’d like, but we are specifically looking for serious, well-conceived entries. “
**********************
p.s.  My friend Betty made a lovely comment below… I thought I would add it to my post…
  “If you are a dog or other animal owner you know that when they are gone they always leave their footprints on your heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment