Thursday, December 19, 2013

Friday Fictioneers: THE TRESSPASSERS

Image
THE TRESSPASSERS… A Drabble for FriFic
“This place looks creepy, do you think it’s safe?”
“Of course, no one’s here but us.  I think there’s an opening around the side somewhere.”
“Perry, it’s dark in here.”
“Don’t be such a baby, Rene, you still want to do it don’t you?”
“Yeah, I guess, but it’s gross in here.”
“Look there’s a mattress!”
“Yeah, that’s real romantic, along with the needles and used rubbers.”
“It’s not so bad.  Wait!  Did you hear that?”
“It snarled, like a dog. I’m scared!”
“No, more like a wolf. It’s getting close!”
“Oh Nooooo it’s… THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES!!! 
***********************
Now, you are probably wondering about the ending of that story.  It is a followup to the story I wrote last week… INVITATION TO A RIDE… after I had received this in the mail…
invitation
I promised a full report… I boarded the MV Chelan as requested shortly before 8 a.m.
IMG_1778 This is actually not the real ferry-boat (I forgot to take a photo), but a stand in.  The model can be seen at Seatown in Seattle.
I settled into a booth and my daughters showed up with a delicious breakfast of quiche and fresh fruit… after arriving on the mainland we readied to depart the ferry…IMG_1727 After a stop at the first of many Starbuck’s we had an exciting car wash… IMG_1729 and upon reaching Seattle, my Birthday got off to an exciting start in the make-up department at Nordstrom…IMG_1731 somehow this was a familiar theme throughout the day.  We stopped to admire the Christmas windows at Tiffany’s (designed by my friend Christopher Young in NYC)…IMG_1734 After a delicious lunch at PF Chang’s, we boarded the famous Monorail… IMG_1742 and headed for the Seattle Repertory Theater to see a matinée performance of…IMG_1745 It was an excellent production and lots of fun… IMG_1752  Checked out the Space Needle on the way back to the Monorail… IMG_1755 We went back to the Mayflower Hotel… IMG_1760  in the heart of downtown Seattle and got ready to go out to dinner at one my favorite Tom Douglas restaurants … IMG_1763 A fabulous meal of Pork Chop and Garlic Sausage followed with a nice birthday dessert… IMG_1767 A restful sleep at The Mayflower and a day of shopping finished off the Birthday Bash.
friday-fictioneers
This week’s Friday Fictioneer’s photo prompt is courtesy of Randy Mazie Rochelle-Wisoff Fields chose it to be this week’s inspiration for some 100 Word Flash Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment