Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Speakeasy # 138… CANDY KITCHEN


851565_567787583253950_845844276_nCANDY KITCHEN
The bowl lay overturned on the floor, a rough crack running down one side.
“Grandma’s going to kill me! First her marble slab, now her favorite mixing bowl.  HELP ME!!!!!!
“Wake up! Wake up, what’s wrong?”
Twisted up in a sheet and drenched in a cold sweat, I fight to get back into reality, trying to explain the delicious pinks and reds.
“You’ve been playing way too much Candy Crush on facebook!” my friend says.
**********************************************
speakeasy2THE SPEAKEASY #138…  This week our sentence prompt, provided by last week’s winner  Kianwi, must be used as the FIRST line in your piece. And the media prompt is a picture, which you will find below. As with all our media prompts, your post shouldn’t be about the picture, but you must make some sort of reference to it in your submission.   “The bowl lay overturned on the floor, a rough crack running down one side.
make-up set
This story kind of came to me in a dream.  I had gone to sleep thinking of the prompt line, and I had bought some homemade caramels from a friend at a craft fair, who sells them under the name GrandmaFreysCaramels. And, I have a friend on facebook who plays Candy Crush all the time, it’s one of those games like FarmVille that have people hooked.  She’s always trying to get me to play.  I’m not sure it was me in the dream, I think I was writing the story in the dream.  Those might be clues to how the dream came about… so, I thought I’d use it for my story.
p.s. If you like good caramel candy, order some from Paul.  He’s a good guy and coach of the Friday Harbor High School Girls Soccer Team… Division Champs this year… my granddaughter Isabel is a star midfielder.

No comments:

Post a Comment