Friday, April 4, 2014

THE ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT

studio-lights-from-kent
THE ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT… A Drabble
“Guess what, Cheryl? I’m in a play!”
“Let me guess? Are you acting or a prop?”
“Haha, very funny. I’m going to be Dorothy Gale! Betty is directing at the Senior Center.”
“Wait a minute, Ethel. Dorothy is a young girl? Why in the hell are you playing her, won’t that seem a little weird? And, how are you going to remember all those lines, you can’t remember a grocery list.”
“You’re going to cue me, Cheryl. I’ll look young, because everyone else is way older. I’m the star, it’s my chance to shine.”
“Just don’t break the Spotlight, Ethel!”
✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰
friday-fictioneers
This week’s photo prompt is from Kent Bonham… check out his blog for the real story of the lights.  To see other Friday Fictioneers stories, head over to Rochelle Wisoff-Fields blog. 

1 comment: